You might be wondering.
1. Why should I give my money/items/time to AWF? Why not donate directly to arts education programs?
Simple: Double-Digit Unemployment. Our programs will bring jobs into communities NOW. We will bring money into struggling local businesses NOW. Our programs address the needs of the present and the future.
2. What is your tax-exempt status?
Arts Work Foundation is a 501(c)3 public charity.
3. And what about these films you’re going to make? Will they be educational, suitable for the entire family?
Maybe, maybe not. We’re out to do two things:
4. Where will these films be shown?
Everywhere we can possibly show them: Theaters, DVDs, Cable TV, the Internet, airplanes – wherever there are eyeballs.
5. Who is your competition?
Virtually every independent film producer on the planet.
6. What size budgets are we talking about?
Hey! Size isn't everything. Under a million dollars, if you must know. Sounds like a lot of money doesn’t it? Not when you consider the average budget for an American film in 2007 was $35 million. But there is a market for films in our budget range. Think of those nights you’ve been stalking the aisles of the movie rental store and you see all those films you’ve never heard of, but have name actors on the cover. We will be working under the radar of the big film studios where a number of independent producers make decent profits, so long as they keep their costs down.
7. How can I submit my script/reel/resume?
Keep an eye on our donation page. Instructions will be posted there. When we’re looking for something, we will let it be known. Having said that, we’re always looking for a GREAT script. Be honest with yourself. Pay a professional reader to evaluate your baby before you send it in. If all it needs is a little work, it will be money well spent.
8. What is your mission?
To promote creative thought in students of all disciplines by providing arts education and funding for arts education programs.
9. Does AWF discriminate based on race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, handicap status, or any other popular factors?
Oh, please! Chances are if we embrace any disadvantaged group money will come flying into our bank account, so the answer is unequivocally 'duh!'
|FA me?||No, FAQ.|
|HOME||THE HOW||THE WHY||BE SOCIAL||CONTACT US||DONATE|